Tuesday, February 18, 2014

How to treat bugs on your lemon tree

Yesterday I let y'all know about my infested indoor lemon tree. Well I wanted to share with you all how I ended up treating my problem.
My first step was dumping all of the dirt somewhere far away from my plant. I had the bugs not only on my tree but also in my soil. I gave the pot a good scub before filling it with two knew bags of dirt. I brought my meyer tree to the sink and hosed it down good, the roots, the leaves, and the lemons to be sure I got all of the bugs.
 Once you finish those steps you want to gather a few supplies. You'll need a measuring cup, liquid dish soap and an empty squirt bottle, I got mine from Walmart for 98 cents. You will need to put one cup of water into the bottle along with five drops of the dish soap. Shake well. Then once you have your tree planted again give a good spray down making sure you get under the leaves.
 I'm not going to water my tree for awhile so that any last bugs will die off and my tree is strong enough to handle this. I noticed a couple bugs on the lemons this morning so I snatched them off and sprayed my tree with the soap mixture again.
Hopefully this helps anyone else who may have this problem. It was a cheap and easy fix that seems to be working!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are more lovely than you could ever imagine...